Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 30 -- Rest Day in St. Joseph, MO

For the first time on a rest day, we rested. I woke up around 7:30 and Wade woke up around 8:45. We finally had a chance to sleep in and we didn't even sleep until 9:00. After we woke up, we went down to continental breakfast, ate, then found out if the place we wanted to go to was open. It was open, so we went back to our room, watched the end of the Tour de France stage, then walked over to the psychiatric museum. There was also a African American archive museum and a Native American museum, so we got a 3 for 1 deal. We didn't love the museum because it's a museum, but it was very informative. After we left the museum, we went to a grocery store, bought 3 pounds of cherries, then finished eating them on the walk back to the hotel. On the walk we were on a bunch of bad side walks including one that was paved with asphalt and was so bad that we had to take a picture of it. This looks like a sidewalk that Barney (Brian) would design because we know he's good at drawing pretty pictures... our A.D.A. compliant expert. I think it's so bad that even Donna Slagle wouldn't accept it... no matter what excuses we would come up with. When we got back to the hotel we kind of just laid around for the next couple of hours until dinner... like I said, we actually rested on this rest day. Now we're ready to ride again.

I got an email from the office the other day that said the office closed due to severe head winds. I was concerned because I know how bad head winds can be... especially when they're real head winds. They left work early on Friday for the long weekend because of the head winds coming from my office. I think all of my complaining about the head winds has caused a dangerous amount of wind to come from my office... I should probably stop complaining so they can get some work done.

In other news, Cara, my daughter who's a junior at Ohio Northern University, just got done with her vacation in Nice, France with my wife, Joan, and my other daughter, Marla. Cara won that trip to the French Riviera on the Price is Right and they decided to take that vacation while we were on ours. Joan and Marla just got home from France, but Cara stayed in Europe and went over to Florence, Italy to take some culinary courses. She's taking 2 classes in one in Italian cooking and one in wine tasting. I only got to take boring classes when I was in college... I think I could have got an A in wine tasting. I know I was one of the best in beer drinking. These classes aren't connected with ONU, so she they don't count as credits, but that is quite an experience. She has a blog that you can follow at www.caracookingitaly.blogspot.com. I hope we're not swamping you with too much blogging, but Cara is a better writer so I think you'll enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I may be a better writer as in got better grades in English class, but I think you guys have a better sense of humor! I laugh almost every day reading this!

    P.S. There's a really big market right down the road from me (San Lorenzo Market) and there's one stand of all bike jerseys! Of course I thought of you guys! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete