Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

June 4 Day in San Francisco




We left Sidney early in the morning, and Wade stayed up all night because of his party. We arrived in San Francisco in one piece and met up with Fr. Ken at the airport. We went to the hotel to check in, then we headed out to see San Francisco. We first went to Muir Woods to see some red wood trees. Pictures don't compare at all with how beautiful those trees are in person. Next we went to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was too foggy to take many good pictures but we got a few anyway. The bridge wasn't near as good as the ones in Shelby county that Choice One designs.

After the bridge we headed back to the hotel to get our bikes checked in and sign some forms. Everything was going great until they opened the package with my bike, pulled out my bike, and discovered that a hubcap for the front wheel was missing. We searched all around the room and in the boxes, but we couldn't find it. Trying to remain calm, I called some bike shops around town, but none had the piece I needed. Then, I called the bike shop in Dublin where I bought my bike so that they could ship a piece out to me. I was about to ask how long it would take, when Wade got a call from one of our guides saying that she found the piece in the box. I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day.
About ten minutes later I got an email with a picture.
I was gone less than 24 hours and they have already
turned my office into a nap room.



Next, we left the hotel and headed for downtown. We took a ride on the trolley up and down some really steep hills, then we got off and went to Schroeder's to eat. Schroeder's is a German Bar downtown that served sausage and sauerkraut. I've never been in a place so loud that didn't even have music playing. Wade, being his teenage boy self, finishes his food then has to finish my food as well.

When we were done eating we headed to the tourist part of San Francisco. It was really nice because we were there around 9:00, so a lot of the tourists were gone. We saw some sea lions on docks, and apparently there are about 20 or so docks that the sea lions lay on each day. That was something we didn't expect to see. We also saw some cool street performers such as this one guy that spray painted portraits of the sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge. San Francisco was a very interesting city, and we're really glad we had such an awesome tour guide to show it to us. Tomorrow is our day to get everything ready to head out on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Felt like I should leave a message on this one since no one had... but the Schroeder's Restaurant is really cool! Did you guys tell them that you were Schroeder's? They should have given you a discount or special welcome or something! :)

    ReplyDelete